Monday, November 4, 2013

Precious friend, you're a treasure

Wow, everyone, I can't believe it's almost midnight.  It seems the days are spiraling out of control lately--I just can't seem to get everything done on time.  Does it feel like that for you?

Anyway, before I head on to bed (who am I kidding, I have a couple more hours of work to catch up on for tomorrow), I wanted to get my card posted before midnight.

This card was inspired by the sketch from the Cardabilities Sketch # 86 Challenge.  I've been eyeing this paper I bought this summer from Doodlebug and haven't used it very much but when I saw this sketch, I knew I needed a bird there and this paper came to mind.

If you've noticed over the last two weeks, my card photos have been a little weird, right?  Well I can't find my camera (I know it's around here somewhere though) so until I find it, I'm taking photos with my phone and then trying to fix the colors.  And since I've been getting such a late start, they're done by that awful florescent lighting instead of natural lighting.  I hope I didn't leave it somewhere in a restaurant...I've already left my purse and computer numerous times.  Wish I had better memory...

Sorry this is a short one--with the end of the semester upon us, my time is shorter and shorter, but I'm hoping the week of Thanksgiving I will have a bit of downtime to get some fun 'stuff' going. :)  I'm trying to think of something creative for Kathy's Christmas card but at the moment, I've been more like mud.  Every have those days?

Have a wonderful week everyone, and thanks for dropping by.  :)

Details:
Stamp: I THINK it's Impression Obsession
Punch: Martha Stewart punch
Paper and twine: Doodlebug, American Crafts POW Glitter Paper
Die cut: Prickly Pear
Other: Swarovski Crystal

2 comments:

  1. DId you get that die cut in Albuquerque? I love it!!! Especially using the glitter paper! I love how you put the sentiment on the diecut - clever! Very colorful!!!

    ReplyDelete