Friday, January 3, 2014

Kind Thanks

Hello everyone!
I've been reading online about the storm across the East Coast.  Wow!  What an explosion.  I hope everyone out there is snuggled into their homes with power, heat and enough food to eat.

My card today is yet another thank you card.  It will be entered into the Crafty Catz Challenge #212-Thank you and into the Sweet Stamps Blog Challenge: Something New.  I used some old sketches I have been pinning onto Pinterest (Now remind me what did we ever do before Pinterest???).  This card took a little while to make as I stamped the flower numerous times and layered it with foam tape.  Reminds me of the Mandala making process.  It's a lot of work…but the product is great.  I won this stamp from Sweet Stamps a few months ago but this is the first time I am actually using it (Of course I purchased it because I knew I could layer it, but I needed to be "in the mood" to do that much detail.  Once I finished the card I realized maybe I should have made those squares a bit larger…but then again, we are our own worst critic. :)

Thanks for stopping by today…enjoy your Friday!

Details:
Image: Sweet Stamps
Sentiment: Stampin Up
Paper: Doodlebug
Dies: Spellbinders
Embossing: Cuddlebug
Other: Stickles, Stampin Up edge punch, Family treasures punch (old old punch)




9 comments:

  1. I just love this image when it's stacked/layered (I used it for next week's SweetStamps challenge), it's actually the only way I've used it.
    Gorgeous rose you created here, love all the sparkle. You made good use of the old sketches too.
    Thanks for playing along with us at SweetStamps.com this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love what you did with the rose! One of my fav. SS stamps!! LOVE the added sparkle!! Thank you for joining the challenge at SweetStamps.com and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is so awesome! Love your layered rose and the bright pinks in your card. So beautiful. Happy 2014 and thank you for sharing at SweetStamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Gorgeous card! The layered sparkly rose is outstanding! Love your sketch and the DP's you used too! I will be pinning this to the SweetStamps Customer board too : ) Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com


    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are the queen of bling! This is so lovely it could be out of my garden! I love how you stacked it. Again, another one where I am too lazy - I want dies!!! Yeah, yeah, I know we always did it this way in the pre-dies days! Great job Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design, love the variety of patterns and layers you used. Love the sparkle and how you added depth to the flower. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Margaret thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and I adore the rose layered - very effective. Thanks for joining in with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you have a chance, could you please contact me jksand2001 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete