Monday, September 30, 2013

Embrace your inner witch

Greetings!
Monday is officially almost over--which means we're sliding down the week with the countdown to Friday! :)

Today's card is one I made for my older daughter Julia.  Each year, my girls get/[demand] a card for all the major holidays.  Halloween is Julia's favorite holiday so our house is already decorated.  Therefore I already gave her the card.

I used the sketch from Sketchbook Saturday #106.  The image is from the now-closed Outlines store. (I think they still do sell their stamps, but only at their shows which unfortunately are all in the Northeast).  I've also seen some of their stamps now being sold by Hampton Arts.  This particular image is cut out.  Outlines stamps always had quite a few embellishments as part of the stamp but I thought cutting this hat out made it stand out more.  I also embossed it with Sparkly Black embossing powder.  I think it might be Ranger (I can't remember anymore).  I wanted to place some Swarovski's on the hat but I am running low on my stash.  Michael's and Hobby Lobby no longer carry them.  I know there are some great websites out there that sell them...but if you have a favorite, let me know!  They are pricey, so I save them only for the special people in my life who I know will not throw the cards away (like Kathy and my children). :)

Well today, you are getting a hat.  Tomorrow you will be getting boots..with the card I made for my younger daughter Claudia (she's all about the shoes). :)  Thanks for stopping by!  Will see you tomorrow...

Margaret

Details:
Stamps: Image: Outlines; Sentiment: Impression Obsession
Paper: Doodlebug
Dies: MFT and Spellbinders
Other:  Stickles, Swarovski crystals






2 comments:

  1. How absolutely adorable! I love the colors, the bling, the sentiment...all of it! It is so perfect for Julia! I don't remember this stamp at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously coloured and fun Halloween card! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete