Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Nurses are the Heart of healthcare

I managed to get home from agility class tonight without killing anything or being affected by a wreck.  I hit a deer last week and got caught in a logging truck wreck with the load all over the road and a two car wreck each of the last two weeks.  I've also killed a rabbit and an opossom  the week before that.  Granted, I do live in the country and was traveling on 2-lane highways, but enough is enough!

I have a card for the challenge at Deconstructing Jen.



One of the nurses in our Medical Home Program is moving to the northern part of the state where her husband is pastor of a church and she has found work at the local hospital.  Her co-workers and her clinic families will miss her dearly and wish her luck as she starts over in a new town, new church and new job.  I made this card for her going away celebration.
The nurse, which looks a lot like her, is from There She Goes, colored with Copics and paper-pieced with MME Happy Day.  I used PTI ribbon and a strip of rhinestones to accent the "heart" of the sentiment.  CS is DCWV.
She really loved her card.

I am entering the following challenges:

Creative Crafts - use ribbon
Inky Chicks - Pretty in Pink
LEJ Designs - Lots of layers
Craft-Deebowz - handmade ribbon
Timbro Scrap Mania - start again

Thanks for stopping by. 

kathy b

6 comments:

  1. The yellow and pink work so well together. Yes and nurses are truly angels.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute image and great design. Thank you for joining us over at LEJ Designs, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card. Love all the layering!! Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Hugs, Barbara {personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be such a perfect image for me to have with being in the college with nurses. This would be the perfect card for a nurse...I'm sure she will cherish this forever. (The pink--I LOVE)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card my dear! and what a beautiful image!
    Thanks for joining us at Tsm challenge!
    xoxo
    Nicoletta

    ReplyDelete