Saturday, September 28, 2013

I've got my eye on you

Hi everyone!
It was such a gloriously sunny day today (a nice change from all that rain)--but very very cold.  While I was burning up the rubber in my stamp room, the heater was burning up the gas keeping me nice and toasty.  But I LOVE it...I can't wait until we start getting snow.  When it's cooler like this, I feel like I have boundless energy, I sleep better and I can just accomplish the world.

So I made THREE Halloween cards today! WOW...the only reason I stopped was because my back was starting to hurt (and well, I was down there for about 5 hours and I was getting dizzy from lack of food!)  I've pretty much almost decimated my Doodlebug Halloween paper pad--I've loved this paper so much!  I was tempted to get another pad yesterday at the store but then I figured, next year they will have something even better.  Best of all, I'm so jazzed to be using my abundant Halloween stash.

The card I'm posting today is a Northwoods stamp I got last year.  I will be honest in that I was a bit daunted about using it because it is so detailed.  But I challenged myself.  Northwoods stamps always look so nice once they're done up.  Then I had this idea to pop it out and make the crystal ball look shiny.

I found the perfect sketch..Pals Paper Arts (PPA173) to inspire me.  ALthough my image is just a tad too big for the sketch, I think it still works.  I cut out the crystal ball, and laquered it (see closeup) and then cut out the hand holding it.  I put some liquid pearly on the warts to make them pop up.  And of course it wouldn't be a Margaret card if it wasn't slathered with stickles (on her nails) and swirls and ring.  I must say, this took a really long time to make, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  Inside I stamped a  Northwoods sentiment "I've got my eye on you".  So cute!  I was going to give it to my daughter Julia for her Halloween card this year, but decided to send it to a little girl who is turning 10 soon...she will think it's really spooky and will get a total kick out of it.

Thanks for stopping by today--you will Kathy tomorrow and then I'll post my other two cards on Monday and Tuesday.  More Halloweenie stuff.  :)  Have a great day tomorrow.  Margaret

Details:
Image: Northwoods
Paper: Doodlebug
Dies: MFT
Other: Liquid Pearls, Sitckles, Embellishments from Hobby Lobby, liquid glaze




5 comments:

  1. Margaret, this is truly art! Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card...if it wasn't already spoken for, I would ask for it! Gotta love those green hands! I've never seen this stamp before...it is soooo cool! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret, your card is amazing! I don't think I've ever seen such detail! So glad you shared with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! A true work of art...it's fabulous. Well done! Thanks for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts! I hope you play along with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Love this card! Those sparkly fingernails are far out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete