Monday, September 2, 2013

The best little pumpkin in the patch

Hello everyone and Happy Labor Day!
It's hard to believe with it being September, fall is on its way (Though judging from the temps outside, I'm not convinced yet!)

Today I managed to get two cards done using the same piece of 6x6 paper for both!  How's that for a challenge! LOL.

I will be posting one of the cards today.  This is for a student who did a very generous volunteer activity at the last minute for me by preparing an hour long class for our freshman seminar--this student is just awesome...always volunteering time for everything that comes up so he deserved something special because this was a "biggie".  The theme is perfect too because he contributes alot of his time to our local farm and farmer's market.  This is one awesome young man--I would feel better about the future of this planet with more good seeds like him.  No pun intended.  :)

I used the sketch from Sketchbook Saturday #104.  The stamp is Northwoods and yes...I was intimidated coloring it!  The sentiment is from Great Impressions.  Our scrapbook/stamp store recently stopped carrying this line of stamps and I am so sad because they really had some cute stamps and sentiments. :(  Wished I would have taken advantage of it more than I had.

Well I hope you enjoyed this card today.  I'm rather sad that work is starting up strong.  1 week down, 15 more to go before the holidays.  I hope it's a good semester.  Thank you for stopping by!  I'm going to be thinking up of a great card for Kathy who has held down this fort like a true champion while I was missing in action.   Margaret


Details:
Stamps: Northwoods and Great Impressions
Paper: Doodlebug
Die cut: MFT
Other: Ribbon from Hobby obey and lots and lots of STICKLES

1 comment: