Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sparkle Birthday + Children's Corner

Hi Everyone,
Surprise! I'm baaack...even if for a brief spell.  I've been working my tail off!  Had to teach a 40 hr course a couple of weeks ago and then had a huge huge HUGE assignment due that had taken me all summer to put together.  Classes started this week so it's just been a very busy time.

But onto more interesting things.  I have a ton of cards on my to do list.  So here is one card that I was able to complete.  It is a belated birthday card for a friend who just turned 40 and likes happy colors such as lime green and yellow--I figured that kind of birthday deserves some major sparkle.  This is an Outlines Mandala, embossed in Stampendous Gold and lots of Swarovski crystals.  The background is stamped and embossed in olive green (Adirondack) using a Stampin Up stamp and sentiment.

I'm entering this card into the Totally Paper Crafts Challenge: Anything Goes (Zesty Summer Colors)

My girls are enjoying their time back in their art room.  I have quite a few cards to feature of theirs.  Today I am featuring two cards that Julia made, also for birthdays.  So cute, don't ya' think?  Thanks for stopping by!  I've really missed my art! Margaret


2 comments:

  1. WOW! Love that mandala! I love how you put it on dp. Really cool!
    Julia's cards are very cute. I really love the flower on the first card - really different!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete