Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sympathy

Hello everyone,
I'm back for a brief moment.  I have had a lot on my plate lately: I adopted a new dog (4 year old Great Pyrenees) last Sunday, and I've been gearing up for teaching tomorrow (A 40 hr course in 1 week). My children have come home (yesterday) and now we also need to get ready for school and I have a big big deadline due in a couple of weeks.  Wow...I'm tired just talking about it!  Unfrotunately, Kathy's computer crashed...Kaput.  One of those "surf by shootings" viruses.

So today is not a very happy subject.  A friend's father suddenly passed away.  Although he was very elderly, it's always harder when it happens suddenly.  This is the second friend whose father passed away this summer.  So this is the card I have made for her--it's hard to tell from here but the tree and sentiment is actually UNDERNEATH the frame:

Stamp: Stampin up (tree and sentiment); background pattern (Impression obsession)
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Dies and punches: Butterfly (Martha Stewart); oval frame (Spellbinders); decorative frame (SU)

On a brighter note, I'm sharing some photos of my Daisy.  She is so sweet, though still has some fears.  She's not had the most pleasant of pasts, was not socialized at all so is scared of alot of things and on top of that, her previous owners shaved her down.  Her coat has grown in some but you can still see bald spots all over (not a good practice for this breed which has very sensitive skin).  However, I've really enjoyed watching her blossom over the course of this week!  There's nothing more rewarding than a rescued dog. :)  Thanks for stopping by!  Kathy says Hi!  -Margaret
She likes to be in the driver's seat, no pun intended.

Looking so so cute after a bath (though I don't think she was very happy about it)

Veterinarian, Petsmart, 2 walks, and a bath...Daisy is EXHAUSTED!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo of daisy after the bath. Frame that one. Sorry about another loss. I've made my share of sympathy cards too. I wonder if the heat is playing a part in this???

    ReplyDelete