Friday, September 20, 2013

Friends

I'm really missing Margaret right now.  We need some face time, and not the Apple iPhone kind!  
So tonight I have a card to celebrate our friendship.


I used the sketch at Digi Sketch Challenge.  The heart image is from Lockhart Stamp Company, colored with Copics and Spicas.  The window, also colored with Copics, is an Art Impressions stamp, and I used a Spellbinders die to cut out the center where the glass would be.  I added foam tape to the back side and mounted the heart image so it would give it some depth.  I fussy cut the awning, also attaching it with foam tape.  The dp is Basic Grey Lemonade and cs is from my stash, as is the strip of ribbon.  I used EK punches for the sentiment, stamped with Versafine Onyx Black, produced by JustRite.  I added 3 Swarovskis beneath it for a little added emphasis on the word "special".  Makes me want to jump in the car and run to a bakery for a latte and a cookie or cupcake, how about you?

I love how Margaret shows detail photos, so here's my attempt at it.  The main photo just doesn't show the triple depth of the window, so I will try to show it here:



I am also entering the following challenges:

A Creative Romance - dies or punches
Cut it Up - circles, must use a die cut
GraphIt Markers - color an accessory

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b

12 comments:

  1. This card is just stunning. I love the deep, rich maroon of your card stock, and how all the design papers go so beautifully with it. Great job on that window!

    Thanks for linking to Cut it Up Challenges Going in Circles Challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I love all the layers of this sweet card! And I still have BG Lemonade in my stash too. An oldie but goody! Thank you for joining us in our Going in Circles challenge at Cut It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Beautiful!!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get it! I LOVE the papers! And the idea of the "cake stand" in the window is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, I love what you have done with the image so creative. Thanks for playin along at Digi Sketch Challenge.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your paper!!! AND colors!!! You layout is awesome too! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet Card. Thanks for sharing with us at ACR
    Hugz Fleur ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely!! That Basic Grey paper pad is one of my favourites! Thank you so much for joining us at Graph'it Markers Challenge! Hugs, Simonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab card! I love the papers and colours! Thanks so much for playing at Graph'It Colour Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh beautiful design, gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Graph It colour challenge, karenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card! One of my fave paper collections too! The layers are perfect on this card. Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!

    ReplyDelete