Monday, December 16, 2013

Kathy's Christmas card

Hi everyone,
Wow, I just realized it was midnight and I forgot to post!

Today's card is Kathy's Christmas card.  Last year, I really outdid myself (and so did she) because we each created super sparkly cards for each other.  This year, my card is more "time" investment and "cute".  The little doggie that is behind the window is actually a cut out Penny Black stamp and I placed acetate on the window so it would look "real".  It doesn't really come through in the photo.  Inside is a Christmas Scene I created from a multitude of stamps: Cottage creations (little girls with kittie), Stampavie (Chest and girl going downstairs with presents) and Impression Obsession (tree).   The only thing I realized at the end was that I didn't quite capture the floor vs wall difference!  It was too late…oops.

Well I worried about destroying the surprise, but usually the cards looks different in person than in real life, so hopefully Kathy considers this a "taunting"  (As my oldest Julia would say).  LOL.

Thanks for stopping by…hope you all are getting a chance to wrap up that Christmas shopping so you can rest some before the actual big day.

Margaret

Details:
Outside card:
Background: Impression Obsession
Window and Leaf: Memory Box
Dog: Peny Black
Sentiment: Cottage Creations
Paper: My Mind's Eye

Inside Card:
Memory Box (Mirror and staircase)
Stampavie: Girl with packages and chest
Impression Obsession: Tree
Girl with Kitty: Cottage Creations
Stampin up (Sentiment)







2 comments:

  1. OMG...this is AMAZING!!! My card for you is nothing like this - if I weren't going to the PO tomorrow, I'd start over! I can't wait to get my hands on this, and yes, I feel "taunted"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card just like a story book Ginny x

    ReplyDelete