Friday, December 27, 2013

Winter romance

Hello everyone,
Today I'm here with a post of Julia's Christmas card.  Her request of me this year was to have a scene and she wanted it to "outdo Miss Kathy's and Peter's cards".  That was a tall order…I'm not sure I accomplished that, but she was certainly happy with the result. :)  I actually tried something new…I tried my hand at painting…but it was just the teal outbursts coming out from around the template cut.  I think it turned out OK.  This is a Northwoods stamp and it certainly was a bit intimidating to tackle!  The card is quite sparkly…though it's hard to see in the photo so I'm including a closeup.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
A creative romance: Sparkle at Christmas Challenge
Brown Sugar Challenge: #74 Winter

Hope you are all enjoying the last several days of 2013.  With the way the times are today, I don't know whether I'm excited about 2014…or anxious about the unknown…  Oh boy!  Thanks for stopping by today..Margaret

Details:
Image: Northwoods
Die: Spellbinders
Snowflake punches: EK Success (these are about a decade old!)
Other: Bling from Hobby Lobby, Doodlebug Sparkly paper (snowflakes), Stickles, Cuddlebug embossing



5 comments:

  1. this is such a lovely image
    thanks for joining us at brown sugar this week
    grts tonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Margaret, this is gorgeous. You are so good with Northwoods stamps. They are really intimidating! Glad Julia liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The winter scene is beautiful! I love how you framed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at brown sugar challenge. good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card, lots of lovely sparkle, thanks for joining us at A Creative Romance Sparkle challenge. Hugs Teresa

    ReplyDelete