Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Very First Post

Hi!  This is my very first post and I am a bit nervous.  I have never done anything like this before.  But since I started participating in some recent challenges, I decided that perhaps this is the best way for me to get my feet wet and to inspire me to post my creations.  I have been married for 21 years and my husband and I just bought a home on acreage in the county.  I have just cut back  my work hours in December to 2/3 time, giving me a bit more time to play in my new art room.  I am excited to be part of the world of stamping and hope to make more friends through this venture.  Bear with me as I learn the ropes because I am certain there is going to be a learning curve here!!!

Don't you just love this little girl and her pup from MFT?  I paper pieced her hat, coat and dress, adding pearls to the hat.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the zigzag edging and tied ribbon from Michaels between it and the matting.  I cut this little charmer out using a Nestabilities die.  The star is from Sizzix and I used shiny silver paper to emboss it.  I stamped I Woof You and punched it and a mat out with, poked a hole and threaded silver cord and tied it to the edging.  I created this for MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #52.

I hope you will stop by again.  I will be posting other sketch challenge creations in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment