Monday, February 4, 2013

Feel Better Soon

It's Monday and I feel like I need a vacation!  I actually got in my art room for a little bit last night  (during the 2nd half of the super bowl).
I have a get well card to share with you.  But before I do, let me set the record straight.  I almost always find a sketch challenge before I create a card, then afterwards I look for other challenges my card may fit.  I thank Margaret for the compliment that I make cards and THEN find challenges - I wish I were so talented!!!


I'm pretty stuck on this Schmitzy theme right now.  This weekend he was looking so much better - his wound was granulating really well until he ran into some bushes and used our bed for a scratching post.  He rubbed so much of it off and now it has to grow again (1.5x1).  Tonight he did it again, this time getting under the bush next to the porch.  He rubbed off a 2x2 section this time.  I was so frustrated and depressed I couldn't even pay attention to the ball game.  It's like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.  I worry that he will get infected and that will do him in...

Back to the card.  I used a digi image from Sweet n' Sassy.  The sketch is for their blog challenge, Sweet Stop Challenges.  The banner is made with a MEmory Box die and the fishtail is a MFT die.  The sentiment is from PaperTrey.  DP is Basic Grey Euphoria and cs is DCWV.  I used ZvaCreative crystals on the banner for a little bling.

I am also entering the following challenges:

Raise the Bar - animal attraction
House of Gilli - anything goes with pink and bling
Crafting by Design - Animal Antics

Thanks for stopping by.

kathy b

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Kathy. Love the darling image, the pretty papers... the banner looks great with the little gems. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he's a sweet little pup! Thank you for playing along in our Animal challenge this week at Raise The Bar! ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design...the pup is so cute!

    ReplyDelete