Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Thoughts

Happy Halloween one and all!
I must say, once I managed to get to work today, I had a very productive day.  At one point, my research assistant and I went to the PICU to visit one of the families enrolled in our study.  While we were there, I saw my husband pass by the doorway.  Although we work on the same campus, we almost never run into each other.  I can't remember the last time this happened...well over a year, at minimum.  
The mom I was visiting came out and wanted to meet my DH because she wanted to tell him how much she appreciated me.  Awww, so sweet and unexpected, and in Spanish!!!  I know a little, my DH none, but he was so cordial, none the less.  Then he took me to show me a PICU room where the work he was doing was completed so I could know what he has been up to (installing computers/monitors/other stuff so docs can enter there orders without leaving the room).  Just a great day all around!

My card today is for the challenge at MFT.


I used MME Tangerine, that I picked up at Archiver's when I visited Margaret this past summer.  The fishtail die is from MFT and I used Nesties for the squares.  The dress and kite are paper-pieced and the square behind the image is paper-pierced.  The sentiment is also from MFT.  I colored the rest of the image with Copics.

I am also entering the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Die Cuttin' Divas - Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b

2 comments:

  1. I saw this in the am...I adore this paper. it is so sweet and the girl is so sweet. Yellow makes me so happy. You are so good doing the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! Love the image and colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!
    Jackie W
    SchoolinandScrappin
    Crafty Sentiments
    Crafty Sentiments Inspirations

    ReplyDelete