Saturday, October 5, 2013

It's time for a celebration

Hi everyone,
I'm here to post the card I told you about a few days ago that I made for Julia's birthday party.  Four "lucky" girls received one of these handmade creations.  Luckily, they were all thrilled and felt so special (which made my effort into the early wee mornings of the night feel more appreciated).  As you know, my days are super busy and I hardly get any sleep.  The good news is they can't wait to come and do art.  (And I just hope my art room is still standing after they leave--but hey, that is what it is there for).  I am just feeling blessed that my daughter has made such nice friends--these days, you never know.

I need to use my Magnolia's more.  I love them so much, but I always forget I have them. :)  And Julia absolutely loves them and always requests cards with them.  She was thrilled with the way they turned out. I will be entering this card into the Pollycraft Challenge #8: Birthday Girls.  In all honesty, I've never heard of this stamp line until I found them this morning, but after exploring them, they are super cute so y'all need to go check them out.  I especially love Jasper the little bear (and their entire animal line) and the girl line.  I think I'll be shopping this evening. :)

On a more sad note, tomorrow and the next day I will bring you some sympathy cards.  I have two very dear friends who are like sisters to me (Well you know one of them--KATHY!) and the other is a college friend for whose children you often see me posting cards.  Her father passed away this morning after a long mysterious illness, which strangely is also the day of her daughter's 10th birthday.  So I will need to make something extra special for her and her mother to commemorate their dad's/husband's death.  Til tomorrow...thanks for joining us here this weekend.  Margaret
Details:
Sentiment: Stampin Up
Image: Magnolia
Doily: Cheery Lynn
Edge: SU
Paper: SU
Other: Liquid pearls (on the border); Stickles (On Tilda's bow)

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely invitation - I miss getting my own invites to these events! One of us needs to move!~ I love this stamp - what is it called? Isn't this the one you did for the window card you gave me? I will go look! You are such a good mom! I'm sure Julia appreciates your hard work!!! That fan-look paper is really cool.

    ReplyDelete