Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Graduation

Good morning everyone.  This will be the last day for a while until I post again.  I am going to NY tomorrow morning for my sister's graduation and to visit my parents for a week.  The most exciting thing about this trip (aside from seeing everyone) is the fact that I get to visit the Ink Pad.  Oh my!  It is a teeny little store but jam packed with several THOUSAND stamps and all other stamping products.  I was able to purchase some really unique stamps I'd never heard of (their words are awesome).  If you ever get yourself over to NYC, I highly recommend a visit.  Kathy and I have toured numerous stamp stores.  The best one we've ever been to is the Branson, Missouri store which closed shortly after changing ownership (that was a real crime to the stamping community I might add).  That was even larger than the Ink Pad.  And the second best is the Ink Pad.  But if anyone has recommendations for great stamp stores, we'd love to hear about it (We regularly plan our vacations around our stamp store trips).

OK, today I am posting the card I made for my sister on behalf of her graduation from college.  I really like how it turned out!  I used Glossy Accents by Inkessentials to bring out the balloon and Stickled it in certain areas.  It really pops! ( the foam adhesive underneath helps with that!)  THe image is actually quite a big bigger than what you see but it was cut off when I cut it out with the die cut.  I stamped the image in brocade blue (Stampin Up) and then stamped it again, cut out the balloon and adhered it on top of the original image to make it pop out.  I colored the balloon with Copics.   Tried angling the camera so you can get a feel for the gloss.  I also used glitter paper for the bottom so this card really shimmers.

I am going to enter this card into the Anything Goes #2 Challenge on the Just Keep On Creating Blog

Will see you after June 24!  Thanks for stopping by! Margaret
Stamps:  Balloons (Stamp a Mania); Sentiment (Stampin Up)
Paper:  Patterned paper by Paper Studie; Glitter paper by Doodlebug
Jewel: Bazzil
Other Bling: Hobby Lobby
Dies: Spellbinders
Accessories: Glossy Accents by Inkessentials and Stickles

2 comments:

  1. I think this is great - your sister, well, time will tell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely card, that bright balloon looks so beautiful against the black and white background.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete