Thursday, July 26, 2012

Baby

 As I write this post, it is storming at may home, complete with thunder and lightening.   Considering a nearby town was completely evacuated yesterday due to a wild fire started by a mower sparking on a rock, this is a great event!  We have a burn ban and are Extreme fire hazard alert.  76% of my state is under extreme drought alert, including where I live.  I have never been so happy to see rain.  The temp went from 103 degrees to 75 degrees in an hour's time.  I spent a good while on my porch this evening.

I have a card today that I made for my friend that is pregnant.  She has made it through her first trimester and I feel that she is having a girl.  So I made this card for her.  Don't worry, I have plenty of time to make a boy card if I need to since she's not due until my birthday in February.  I was inspired to make it, and just went with the feeling.


I used the sketch from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  The stamp is the C.C. Designs Ima Butterfly.  I paper pieced her using Wild Rose Studio In Love with Japanese dp and AC Specialty Paper silver foil (for the wings).  I used Copics on parts not paper-pieced.  I used Memento, Versafine, Stazon and Brilliance inks.  The flower is constructed from an MFT die set.  Pearls are from Memento and ribbon is from Papertrey, as is the sentiment, which was cut out with another MFT die.

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Loves Rubberstamps - paper-piecing
All That Scraps - paper-piecing
The Stamping Boutique - paper-piecing

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b





6 comments:

  1. OMGosh, how adorable, she is going to love this! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card:-) your friend will love it! I love the paper pieced dress:-) Thanks so much for joining us at ATS
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card and your friend will love it! Great job with your paper piecing - the colors are so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Kathy, very cute
    thanks for joining our challenge over at the stamping boutique this week
    hugs
    Miranda
    TSB DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet card... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your DP on this card... sweet image too!

    Thank you for joining us at Fashionista Challenge this time!We appreciate your entry and wish you luck and success!!!

    Be sure to check back and see if your card is "Featured" or in the Top 5...also, dont forget to come back and VOTE for the Peoples Choice winner...

    Rina Fashionista

    ReplyDelete