Saturday, December 8, 2012

Be Merry and Bright

Hellooooo everyone!  Did you think I went away for good?  We have finals right now, students defending their theses, final projects.  It's nuts around here right now and I don't think I even stepped foot into my stamp room for about a month.  So today I finally made myself take time off and go in there.  Being away so long, it took me about 3 hours to make one card.  I cannot let that happen again.

So today I am here with a Christmas card.  OK so I'm totally ruining the surprise because it will be Kathy's Christmas card.  But I never CAN hold a secret.  So, the highlight of this card is the Christmas stocking die.  I'm very excited about it...it is beautiful.  And I chose to use all sparkly paper.  However, I must warn you.  You know that American Arts POW glitter paper I love so much?  It's great...but NOT for cutting out intricate dies.  You really do need a heavier card stock for that.  This stocking die (Dee's Dies) is actually two dies--one background die and the other the intricate die.  The edging is Paper Trey and the sentiment is Stampin Up.  I also attached a few Swarovski Crystals...hard to see in the photo but this card has ALOT of sparkle for my sparkly friend (Closeup attached).  I also "attached" the stocking with a bit of twine.  I was really trying to make Kathy's card as perfect as it could be--had alot of artistic block, but somehow today I got the inspiration.  Well I hope to be back a few more times...and once school is over, I will be back alot more.  Enjoy your weekend everyone.

I'll be entering this card into the I love Christmas Challenge (Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge)



4 comments:

  1. OMG - this is so elegant! It is absolutely beautiful! I think it's the prettiest thing you have EVER made! I LOVE it! Now I can open this page and gaze at it until it gets here!!!! I'm Merry & Bright NOW for sure!!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to send it...haha. I am going to keep it captive until your presents come. This photo doesn't do it justice....I may just have to make one for myself! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's about the most glamorous stocking I've ever seen! What a fabulously sparkly card... thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZER!! This is really elegant and so sparkly!! I love it! Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at Fussy and Fancy Fridays ! Hope you will join us again!! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete