Sunday, October 21, 2012

You're invited...and JOY at Christmas pop up

Hi everyone,
While Kathy is taking a break...today I have TWO creations to share with you.  The first one is an invitation I made for Julia's birthday party.  Actually I made three of these.  It's a rather simple card, but the intriguing part of it is that there's a card holder and inside of it, I used my nesties to create a "tag" so to speak.  The card holder is made from a Jillian Vance Design diecut called "[die]signer pocket die".  I just LOVE this stamp line...so cute, but I found this die cut and had to have it (even though I nearly choked when I saw the price).  But you can do so much with this die...make little tag holders to pull out  tags or even put in gift cards or coupons--so I figured it was worth it.  What you see popping out of it the holder is a "tag" saying "you're invited". The punch border is Martha Stewart with liquid pearls in between the hearts.  "Let's celebrate" is from Stampin Up.  Cupcake Paper is by Paper Studio and the  other strips are just scraps I found in my bin.

Below that is another card from my card class (see yesterday's post), this is the WOW card...when you open it up, there is a lamp post that pops up.  It is really stunning in person...photo doesn't do it justice.  We only got 6 leaves to make the wreath (Jim Holtz) so if I do this card again, I will definitely fill it up with more leaves.  The red ribbon is made from felt.  It was a die, but not sure who made it.  I'm really jazzed about the lamppost, and it can stand alone...you don't need the pop up dies to go with it which is great.  You can put it as  background for Magnolias and all sorts of scenes. If you follow the video (See post yesterday), she shows you the best way to make it so it is sturdy.
Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you enjoyed today's post. Margaret





1 comment:

  1. The invite is so girly and cute. The Christmas pop-up card is fantastic! I've been wanting a light post so now I will get one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete