Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello

I see my partner in crime (though 1000 miles away) has posted tonight!  Yea!  Though the topic is not the best...
I am here with a card for the challenge over at 2 sisters challenge and I used a Greeting Farm stamp since they are one of the sponsors this time.

I kind of went overboard with the bling, but I like how it turned out.  This the sunflower and hello are popped up with 3M tape.  I colored her with Copics (no Spicas this time, oh my!).  I painstakingly added pearls to her necklace.  What took me the longest though was using the Cheery Lynn frame die.  It took 4 tries before I could get it to cut out without double cutting (getting out of line) and with cutting all the pieces out.  Then picking at each piece to get it to come out.  I tried with and without the metal plate.  If anyone out there has any suggestions as to how to cut these larger Cheery Lynn dies, I would love to hear from you.  I have no trouble with the smaller ones.  I use a Sizzix Big Kick.
Anyway, I digress.  I glued the image to the frame and then the frame to the base.  I added strips of square rhinestones along the edge and round ones in each scallop.  I think she's fun!

I am also entering this in the Secret Crafter white on white challenge.
Until tomorrow, Happy Stamping!

kathy b

5 comments:

  1. oh totally gorgeous thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have a software give away too if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card Kathy, so amazing!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, soo cute! I love how the image pop-ups on the white background! Thanks for joining us this week at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you ever go overboard in the Bling! It is fabulous. Thanks for joining at 2 Sisters Challenge. Ps...this would be great for the Greeting Farm challenge too :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, This is GORGEOUS! I especially love the pearls, the bling and the die cut---so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete