Sunday, June 2, 2013

Best Friend

Oh what a lovely day we had here!  A high of 79 degrees and sunny!
You can't ask for better than that in the South in June!

I have a card for my stash for the animal rescue with which I volunteer.  I like to send cards to kids that do special things for us in lieu of our standard donation thank you card (very adult).  We probably have an equal number of little boys and little girls that have events for us (birthday parties, lemonade stands, etc.).  This one will go to our next special little boy.  We have a senior citizen donor that gives monthly that I also send a special card to every other month or so with her tax receipt tucked inside.  Anyway, I like to have a stash so I can choose a card for the recipient!


I used a darling Greeting Farm image, OA Buddies, colored with Copics and Spicas, then fussy cut.  DP is Authentique Bundle Collection: Journey and cs is DCWV.  Rectangles are Spellbinders, and I cut a hole in the blue cs making it look like a Polaroid snapshot.  The bone and pawprint charms are MFT dies.  The sentiment tag is from Memory Box.  Ribbon and rhinestones come from my stash. I used the sketch from PaperTake Weekly.

I am also entering the following challenges:

Crafts 4 Eternity - 3 elements beginning with same letter (boy, blue, bone)
Here Come the Boys - Use ribbon
Paper Crafting Journey - masculine cards
The House That Stamps Built - Fin, Fur or Feathers
The Greeting Farm - Oh Boy

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Now I'm off to work on a card for tomorrow!

kathy b

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen
    Many Thanks for visiting my blog and write a pretty comment.
    Your card is also beautiful, I love that boy and his little puppy
    Hugs from Venezuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so sweet. I love your shade of blue and that adorable bone.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! Thank you for joining us for this weeks FFF challenge at TGF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too darn cute!! Love the blue/grey/white combo!! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is one of the most adorable boy cards I have ever seen! Good job! The stamp of the boy is one of the best images I've seen yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, this is the sweetest little boy card I've seen in a while! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Paper Crafting Journey and good luck in the draw. XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea... I'm sure the recipients love their special cards! This is a fabulous card for the ribbon challenge at Here Come The Boys
    Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yaay cuuute Images and love your color combo...really cute Boys/Man card...love your Idea...

    I am also joining the Paper Crafting Journey Challenge, my card is number 175, would you mind to come and see it on my blog, and I would be happy if you could leave me some love...happy sunday...Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie!! Thanks for playing at Here Come The Boys! Hugs Woo & Donna xx

    ReplyDelete