Sunday, June 23, 2013

For the shoe DIVA

Hello Everyone!
Margaret here.  Kathy is still visiting, but we took a few days off so we could go on our stamp search trip to New Mexico.  We ended up visiting Guadalupe's Stampa Fe store in Santa Fe, The Hen House and China Phoenix 2 in Albuquerque.  Our trip was long, but also rejuvenating!  We learned a couple of new techniques..and Kathy will be posting one of those in the next few days.  It was a great trip--Stampa Fe moved to a new location and it is MUCH MUCH BETTER than their last store.  Now it's off the street, rather than up the stairs.  Much brighter and airier.  They don't have as many stamps as they did before, but they still had a nice selection.  The lady who owned the store was there and she couldn't be more helpful or sweeter.  The cards they had for inspiration were WONDERFUL...very creative artists there.  And very unique as well.  We also LOVED the Hen House.  This is apparently a new store, celebrating their second anniversary.  Once again, unbelievably helpful and kind folks there. Their store seemed to have a little bit of everything.  What I loved most was how all the product was displayed.  Very creative and unique.  They also did not have alot of stamps, but I managed to spend a little anyway on unique shimmery pens and three dimensional paints and a few stamps.  They had quite  a bit of different types of paints which I hope to get to play with soon.  The China Phoenix 2 supplied me with my horse stencil and stamps to utilize the new technique we learned in Santa Fe.  I think that store does most of their business with classes as they didn't have too much product...they had some beautiful classes coming up and the owner was just a delightful lady--so very sweet.  Overall...a wonderful trip!

So today we've both been working on cards and each of us have completed 2 cards.  I'm posting my card today that I will be sending to my daughter Claudia tomorrow.  She is a shoe diva and so if I find anything with shoes...I always think of her.  Inside the card I did say that I would have liked to change the sentiment from friend to "daughter"...  :)  The sentiment says, "The best friends come in all shapes and sizes, just like fabulous shoes."  The image is from Stampin Up and although it's hard to tell, there is a butterfly stamp that I stamped and cut out, popping up with foam tape on the shoe.  The shoe was stamped on red paper with versa mark and I used Winter Wonderland Embossing Powder to emboss it.  Other details below the card

I will be entering this card into the Stamp Challenge #9--Lady's Anne Challenges  Anything Goes

Stamp and Sentiment:  Stampin Up
Die cuts:  MFT banners, Cheery Lynn Butterflies, Spellbinders scallop rectangle, and Martha Stewart edging punch
Other:  Black Stickles on butterflies, Swarovski Crystals, Winter Wonderland Embossing Powder by Stampendous

1 comment:

  1. Oooh this is very very pretty Margaret! I love the red you have used, this looks soooo classy. Love the layout as well.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Lady Anne's Challenges this time, I hope you join us again soon.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    DT member Lady Anne's Challenges
    DT member Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge

    ReplyDelete