Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Wanted: Best Dad Ever

Hello Dear Readers!
Can I say how happy I am to be back and stamping?  I'm sure Kathy is so happy to get a relief...although her cards have been such a treat and she's been racking up the awards lately!  Hurray!  You go girl!

So I am still laughing at my card as I sit here uploading this post.  If you've been following this blog a while, you may remember last year's card with Sheriff Steve of Colorado.  But if you haven't, the short story is that my father has deemed himself as "The Sheriff"...so last year I made him a card with a star button that said "Sheriff Steve Colorado".  He would love to move here if he didn't have all the logistics leftover back home.  However, he is recently retired so we're hoping...  Anyway, in light of this theme, this year's card is another Western theme...WANTED: Best Dad Ever Cash Reward $500.  LOL.  

I'll be entering this card into the following two challenges:
Anything goes challenge blog: #94 Father's Day
Cards Galore June's Challenge Sketch

I hope you've gotten as much of a smile out of it as I have making it.  Thanks for stopping by and see you later this week or tomorrow even!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps and SU (Best Dad Ever)
Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio
Dies: SU star punch; Spellbinders
Other: Cuddlebug

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea and a great card too, following up from last years! Great papers here too. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes and good luck.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous idea to make this card for your Dad. How very personal it was, and you executed the plan excellently. Good luck to you in having your Dad move closer. Hope it works out. It's hard to relocate, but remind him, it CAN be done!!! And the rewards are enormous. Thnx for sharing, and hope you can visit when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like this one even better than last year, and I REALLY liked that one! The DP is beautiful! Your dad will love it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous personalised card for Father's Day.. love it.

    Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes..

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. I bet your Dad was thrilled with this great creation.

    Thanks for taking part in the Cards Galore Sketch with us .

    Angela

    ReplyDelete