Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy 4th of July, Part 2

Hi everyone,
It's a glorious morning here in Colorado.  Not a cloud in the sky--though it's rather on the warm side today.  

Today I am mailing out my care package and cards for the girls...and so here is Card #2.  This is for Julia who prefers to have her cards more on the simpler side of design, but also, as of recently, likes them very sparkly.  Below all the photos I've posted the envelopes too.  I think the envelopes are always a nice surprise--like getting double the art.  And I think the mailmen like envelope art too--except today's cards will be put inside a box.  So remember..don't forget to decorate the envelope too!

So here we go again with another MFT Sweet Innocence Lady Liberty.  I absolutely adore the ribbon--I picked it up when I went to NY in November last year in this off the wall little sewing shop.  I love the sparkle and glitter and because it was rather pricey, I've been waiting to use it for a special occasion.  And OK...I've been hoarding it actually and I'm motivated to use what I have right now.  I've attached some closeups--so you can see the sparkle (Stickles) and the Swarovski Crystals.  Although it's hard to detect from the photo, I also added little stickle dots to the center of the stars of the paper piecing and the blue circle.  The picture just doesn't do it justice!  I found the shimmery blue paper in my stash.  I think it goes back to 1999 when I first started scrapbooking!!

Details:
Stamp and sentiment: MFT Sweet Innocence
Patterned paper: Penny Black and Jillibean Soup
Doily Die Cut: Cheery Lynn
Other: Cuddlebug embossing plate (Stars) and Spellbinders
Other: Swarovski Crystals, Stickles, Glitter paper, Shimmer paper, ribbon (*Last three unknown origin)

Thanks for stopping by today--I have a feeling Kathy will be posting later tonight and describing the new technique we learned in Santa Fe. :)  Below I am listing the challenges I will enter this card into--til tomorrow.  Margaret

Challenges:
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #50: Ribbon (Sparkly)



And here are the envelopes going to each girl.  The morning sunlight wasn't able to capture the sparkle...


4 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. Love your image.. Thanks for joining us here at Perfect Sentiments for our Red, White and Blue challenge..

    Thank You,
    Pam DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card, love the doily! Thanks for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges in our Red White and Blue Challenge - good luck! Hope to see you again next week, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fabulous, too, like the last one. It sparkles like the 4th of July! You made both cards so unique with the same image. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I like all the sparkle. :) Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete