Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy 4th of July, Part 1

Hello Peeps,
Well somehow I think Kathy and I got our communications crossed so no one posted yesterday.  Sorry about that one.

I'm here with a card to celebrate the 4th of July.  I wanted to get this out this week to my girls since they are leaving for England on July 5th and I always send them Independence Day cards.  I think this one will go to Claudia.  I wondered when I'd use this stamp...and so happy to have found it in my stash!  OH...I did want to tell you about a new fun tool I picked up this weekend.  I attached a closeup (the crown) which I colored with the Wink of Stella Brush by Kuretake/Zig.  It is so sparkly--I love it!

I'll be entering this card into the Perfect Sentiment Challenge: PSC85 and Sketch and Stash #116.  For the Sketch and Stash Challenge we are to let everyone know what new and neglected items we've used.  For the neglected items...there are quite a few: The Sweet Innocence image--had it since it came out!  The star punches also became useful...I hardly ever use those!  I also have some new items: this past weekend I just picked up new patterned paper by Penny Black which I used below (all except the background DP)
This was a great sketch...lots going on...and was so happy to enter a 4th of July card.

Thanks for reading...and will be back with another Independence Day card tomorrow!  Margaret
Stamp and sentiment: MFT (Sweet Innocence)
Star Punches: Stampin Up and Family Treasures
Other: Cuddlebug, Spellbinders, Stickles, MFT banners
DP: Jillibean Soup and Penny Black


 Some closeups--notice how sparkly the crown is--using the Wink of Stella Brush!



5 comments:

  1. a great card & image.... love the Dp's & all the glitzy glitter :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash…. good luck :)

    hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, I love the image and the embossing looks fab, I bet your daughter will love it.

    Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sketch N Stash xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card. Love your image.. Thanks for joining us here at Perfect Sentiments for our Red, White and Blue challenge..

    Thank You,
    Pam DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful and sweet card! thanks so much for joinung us at Sketch N Stash!
    xx, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, I adore your card! The gold on her crown and the stars, the white embossed stars, and the image work together so well. Thank you for sharing your art with us at The Perfect Sentiment Challenge.

    ReplyDelete