Thursday, June 27, 2013

Have a Splendiferous Day!

Hi everyone!  I'm back here in Arkansas again.  Today I am sharing the card that was sent to Margaret's daughter, Julia.
The technique is one we learned on our road trip.
If you are ever in Santa Fe, please feel compelled to stop at Guadalupe's Fun Stamps.  The people are helpful and friendly and the shop has some neat and different stuff!


Once again, I raided Margaret's scrap box.  I used the sketch at Sunday Stamps.
Sorry, but I did not check the company that created the word stamp, but I love the "splendiferous".  Perhaps Margaret can let me know.  {She did - it's from A Muse.  TY Margaret!}. I embossed it in white and it pops on the dark blue cs.  The real treat here is the birdie image.  This is a Dreamweavers stencil with water-based bar soap used as a lubricant so that it releases from the sticky paper.  I applied the stencil to double-sided tape paper.  I used Art Institue glitter, changing colors as needed.  I lightly pressed the glitter down into the sticky paper.  Then you put the stencil face down and pull the image off the stencil.  Now you are left with the backgound sticky.  So I used crystal glitter to fill in all the space that didn't already have glitter.  Then you can remove the backing and stick the design on cs.  I used a Nestie cut-out.  Margaret took the photo and emailed it to me, but for some reason, I couldn't clean it up in Photoshop other than to crop it a little, so the color is not as bright and the glitter isn't so shiny, but trust me, it is really sparkly.  I will do another of this technique soon and show you more detailed photos.

I am also entering this in the following challenges:

Opus Gluei - wings
Ruby's Rainbow - things with wings

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b

11 comments:

  1. That is an adorable birdie image and I love all the glitter! Fabulous take on our sketch this week. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to hear what she thinks this is really sparkly--I should have had the thought to do a closeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to Guadalupe's Fun Stamps and must concur that they have some awesome and unique items! Now I'm wanting a "Frito Pie". Your card is so simple and elegant! Like the dark blue cardstock. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute sentiment and beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is so marvellous!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I love all the glitter and the bird on the branch image is darling. Thanks for taking the time to explain how you made it. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Sunday Stamps this week. Please come back and join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendiferous is a fabulous word! What a great stamp! I love your glimmery banners too. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Live your projects and you explain the process so well. This card is delightful, love how simple and elegant it looks. Very classy and so kind of you to share it with us at Opus Gluei.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Should have been LOVE your project, and it is splendiferous.

    ReplyDelete