Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I love you more...I love you most...

I am hardly containing my excitement right now.  It's almost 5pm and in 1.5 hrs I'll be boogying down to the airport to get Kathy.  I even bought honey in the event our voices get hoarse from the 10,000 words we are going to try to fit in tonight.  LOL

So today's card is for my older daughter Julia and it has two stories attached to it.  As you may remember my girls are with their dad all summer and I'm way behind on my card making to them.  They're waiting impatiently.  I found this sketch on Pamela's World of Scrap: Sketch 237c and I knew I needed to do something with it for Julia.  You see Julia has this very geometric mind which loves everything, including her cards, in harmony and order.  And I've noticed she loves making cards with circles in an orderly fashion--so imagine my excitement when I saw this sketch!  The second story is the sentiment ( stamp by Flourishes).  Oh my goodness...when this came out I HAD to have this stamp.  You see, we have this little word game between us.  It goes like this, back and forth between the two of us:
Julia: I love you
Mom: I love you more
Julia: I love you most
Mom: no you don't
Julia: Yes, I do
Mom: Well I love you to the moon and back
Julia: Well I love you more than the universe is wide
Mom: Well I love you more than the universe is wide squared
Julia: Well I love you more than the universe is wide to the infinity power
And so on and so on this goes on. LOL

So, she told me to surprise her with the card this time (usually she has a request)...and I think between the circles, and the sentiment...she's going to love it.

The paper is all My Mind's Eye and I put a little stickles on the heart.  I was really happy when I found that an MFT Die cut fit this sentiment perfectly!  The heart edging is an old Martha Stewart punch but one of my favorite that I own.  All the circles are punched out using SU circle punches, 1/4" and 1".

Thanks for stopping by...tomorrow we will have a full day shopping at Simple Pleasures (our fabulous local stamp store) and Archivers.  Kathy doesn't have stamp stores where she lives.  And if you all are ever in Colorado...you MUST stop by Simple Pleasures.  It's not only an amazing and fabulous store loaded with dies, stamps and paper...the owner and all the employees are simply fabulous as well: kind, nice and very very helpful.  It's a retreat...  :)
Thanks for stopping by today...

2 comments:

  1. She will Love it!!!! Gotta go board now! Plane is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love you take on the sketch from Pamela's World - Love the colors and how you turned the sketch - just beautiful.
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete