Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Hug Warms the Soul

You are stuck with me for the next week, as Margaret has company arriving tonight.  Hope I don't disappoint!

Tonight's card is a friendship card.  I have a friend that was diagnosed with breast cancer last week.  I hope to send a card to her at least twice a month, as well as participate in her Meal Train.  


I used a Cheery Lynn die for the circle aspect of the sketch, which comes from The Sweet Stop.  I forgot to use the wax paper, so I spent quite a while picking out all the little pieces (while watching an episode of Mad Men I had taped, which made it less of a task!).  DP comes from Queen Bee, cs from DCWV.  MFT flower dies were used, with an extra large rhinestone in the center.  The Inky Antics sentiment is stamped with Soft Suede from SU!

I am also entering the following challenges:

Nutcrafters - mostly monochrome
Lexi's Creations - Focus on the sentiment
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!

kathy b

13 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! I really like that die (don't you hate it when you forget the wax paper? ugh!). Your colors are quite soothing and your friend is sure to find it encouraging. I just prayed for her -- I hope her treatment goes well. Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card & lovely design paper love how the those circle dies really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a lovely card! Great work with the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a beautiful creation and I'm sure it will make your friend smile! I too will pray for her throughout this journey ... God will be there to watch over her!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘SAY IT LOUD’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blues and greens.Pretty card and I'm sure your friend will appreciate it and treasure your card.Thanks for joining in with us over at Nutcrafters.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love that doily. It's so elegant and pretty. The paper flower is lovely. What a thoughtful card for your friend. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that doily is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us in our challenge this week. I feel SO blessed to have such talented artists share their work with us, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for stopping by to share your time and talents with us.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy - this is a beautiful card. Love the muted colours and the great sentiment ... I'm sure your friend appreciates your thoughts. Thanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I love the fun die you used and that DP is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Cheery Lynn die. Beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing on The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a stunning card--I want that die! I really love the patterned paper behind it with the flower on top. Very beautiful. The sentiment works perfectly in this design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, I hate it when I forget the waxed paper. It definitely becomes a work of love. I like your circular motif. TFS!


    I saw you at WAW. Come and see what I've done lately.
    kren@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beauty!! That is an incredible work of art. Thanks so much for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Say It Loud challenge!

    ReplyDelete