Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Joy

Just a quick post since Margaret has already posted today.

I have a Christmas card to share using the sketch at The Sweetest Thing.


I used Spellbinders nesties for the silver backgound papers and another nestie to cut out the sentiment from Verve, which is embossed with silver Ranger Extra Detail Embossing Powder.  I added several Swarovski crystals for bling.  Also, I used an MFT Fishtail die for the vellum flag, also embellished with Swarovskis.  All of this is popped up on a card base with 3M foam tape.

I am also entering the following challenges:

My Time to Craft - Christmas in May

Schmitzy got a good report at the vet today - no infection.  However, since he got sunburned on his back (2nd degree) a couple of weeks ago, we now need to put some kind of clothing on him to protect his back while it continues to grow new skin (this from his allergic reaction to an antibiotic in December) so he doesn't get burned again.  It's been a long road to recovery, but we are nearing the end.  Now we just need to treat what's left as a burn and hopefully his skin will toughen up and his hair will grow back (some of it already has, yea!)!

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b

4 comments:

  1. Great CAS creation, love the sentiment & the dies you have used!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful! I love all the silver and I'm sure it is even more stunning in real life! Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classy and elegant - not the typical red and green, but I instantly think of silver bells. Thanks so much for joining us at CSAYL this week :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and elegant. I love that stamp! And your Swarovski's are perfectly positioned...very nice touches.

    ReplyDelete