Thursday, May 9, 2013

All dressed up for a graduation to go

Hi Everyone,
I'm surprising Kathy here and relieving her for a change.  She's had a pretty rough week this week actually.

We are having our student poster presentations and after, I am taking my special two out to lunch.  A few days ago I posted the first card. Today I am posting the second.  I am very excited to give this to them!  They were a couple of good eggs and it's always so sad to see the good ones go.

The card today is also a dress card.  I consulted with my daughters about whether I should make a different card, or keep with the dress theme and they told me absolutely the dress.  So here's take two.  I think this one came out even more ornate than the last one!  The edging and banner are MFT, Memory Box frame and SU dress die and sentiment.  Patterned paper is My Mind's Eye.  I love this card so much I don't want to give it up.  I always say that! LOL  The bling you see are Swarovski crystals.  I hope they enjoy it and are surprised!  Do y'all think I have enough bling on here and sparkle??

Thanks for stopping by!  Will see you this weekend.  I am tickled pink to see so many wonderful comments on the card that Kathy made me for my birthday--I absolutely cannot wait to get it!  The only thing missing from my birthday this weekend will be her and our yearly tradition of going to Macaroni Grill.  :(  Margaret

PS...I am entering this card into the Feminine and Fancy Challenge for Try It On Tuesday!


5 comments:

  1. What a surprise! I was just lamenting that I had nothing to post so I needed to get in my room and create. DH nudged me to get in there (and out of his way, ha!), so when I opened the blog and saw this post, I was definitely surprised. And wow! Yes, it is sparkly, VERY sparkly like only you can do sparkle. You have created a very lovely card and I am sure the recipient will be ecstatic to receive it. (I never got a {handmade} card from any of my professors!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fun and fancy creation,m i love the combination and the colors.

    Greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never have too much bling!! :) Precious card sure to be treasured. Thanks for sharing it with us at TIOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've framed this dress. A great card.
    Thanks for joining us at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant use of bling on this!!!

    Thank you for joining us at TIOT!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete