Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Remember

Hi Peeps!
  I had to rent a car while my car is at the body shop.  Well, unfortunately, they put some kind of air freshener in it that I am unable to get rid of even after multiple sprayings of Febreeze.  The car STINKS!
I am very allergic to fragrances and by the time I drove the 10 miles to work, I could hardly speak.  I am running the A/C at full blast and spraying more Febreeze when I am at stoplights.  I hope my car is ready by Friday because I dread the thought of keeping it over the weekend!

So, while I am somewhat perturbed over this situation, I decided to do an uplifting card!

Now before everyone starts emailing to tell me these aren't roses, I am aware of this.  Just think of them as the knock-out roses, they look similar.  These are actually peonies, but I don't have a sentiment for peonies and I couldn't find any roses!  This stamp is from Stampendous.  I actually bought this while at The Ink Pad in NYC while shopping with Margaret a number of years ago when we first started stamping!

I realized as I started coloring the leaves with Copics that heat embossing and Copics do not agree with each other.  The embossing bleeds.  So I quickly switched to Tombows, but maintained using the Copics (carefully) for the leaves. I used a Sizzix embossing folder for the background panel and mounted both panels on black.  The sentiment, a G Studio/Hampton Art Michael's dollar bin stamp from 2010, was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black.
This sketch comes from The Sweet Stop (SSS210).

I am also entering the following challenges:

Loves Rubber Stamps - May Flowers
Card Mania - Flower Power
Three Scrappy Gals - April Showers bring May Flowers
Stamping Sensations - embossing & texture

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b


10 comments:

  1. Very pretty colored image and card design. The embossing and fun frames turned out great.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Kathy and such very striking colours.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, love the splash of colour. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how pretty! Love the flowers and the rich red colors. What a great design. Clean and crisp! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, Kathy! Gorgeous colours and a very elegant design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, like the emboss and sentiment. Thank You for playing along with us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. We are so happy to have you. Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! thanks for sharing with us both at The Sweet Stop and Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work, love this. Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, these are so beautiful! Love the colors and the fabulous card design. You should call the repair shop to make sure they didn't spray your car with freshener either, they love to do that, lol. Sorry you're not breathing easy. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your choice of image, beautiful design, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete