Friday, May 3, 2013

It's a Funny Thing

Oh what a day!
I backed into my husband's car, causing damage to both, ugh!
I put the wrong bird food in the feeders, so that had to be swapped.
I knocked over a small bookcase in my art room - no damage, but whole lot of noise...2 dogs came running to see what happened, never saw the other two, which usually run and hide at that kind of racket.
Good thing it is getting close to bed time!

Tonight I am sharing the card that uses the MFT sketch for last week.

I'm pleased with how this turned out, because the paper is what makes it.  Basic Grey has put out some beautiful pads, haven't they??!!

Stamps and dies are MFT.  Versafine Black Onyx ink was used for the sentiment.  I added Swarovski crystals along with a rhinestone flourish.  All papers are Basic Grey Ambrosia except for the black DCWV cs.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Southern Girls - You can say that again
The Perfect Sentiment - Make it feminine
Word Art Wednesday - Inspirational, anything goes

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b

5 comments:

  1. This is really awesome. I love the colors and the dimension to the card. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing with us this week, and please join us again soon. Your art is just wonderful.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card1 The papers are gorgeous and it's a great quote! Thanks for sharing this with us at Southern Girls! Have a lovely weekend!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Love the cool earth tones with gorgeous DP's and lay-out. Thank you for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Big hugs!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a card, the colors are so rich, everything about it says high end. It's too bad about the card and the book case, some days are more challenging than others.
    Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful artwork with us this week. We LOVE seeing all your creations.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this made me giggle....I know those kind of days, hahaa! Just love the papers you used here.....LOVE 'EM....and the flourish and the rhinestones make it very feminine, too. I'm so glad you shared your lovely creation with us at the Perfect Sentiment....good luck in the random draw!

    ReplyDelete