Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pinwheel

Happy Thursday evening one and all!
I get my car back from the shop tomorrow!  Yea!
Since I will have to drive all the way to Little Rock on a day I normally stay home, I am planning to visit my my friend and her mom and my friend's almost 4mo old baby.  Hey, if you gotta drive an hour to get to town, you might as well make it worth your while!  Her mom goes back to Argentina next week, so I need to start thinking about a card for her!

Tonight I made a card using the sketch at Tuesday Morning.  I thought I could put something together quickly, but then I started browsing my digital stamps.  So then I had chose and sized 3 pages of stamps.  Once I did that, I needed to decide which best fit the sketch.  Then the dp paper decision so I could choose my Copic colors.  After that, the accessories.  This is how I usually put a card together (sketch, image, dp, Copics, accessories).  How do you do it?  I know Margaret and I differ in our methods.


This is a Lori Boyd digital image, colored with Copics and accented with Spicas.  DP os MME Happy Day and cs is DCWV.  I used a teeny tiny pink Swarovski for the center of the pinwheel and large orange rhinestones for the flower center and top edge.  The orange ribbon is SU! pumpkin and the pink ribbon is from my stash.  I used MFT dies for the flower and Spellbinders Labels 20 for the image.  

Copics used: E00, E0000, E11, E31, R20, R21, R83, Y17, Y21, Y32, YR15, YR16, YR18, 0.
Clear Spica was used on the daisies on her shoes, pinwheel, vest and pony tail holders (called loosies at our house because they are found all over the place - you know, they are on the loose!).  This designation is courtesy of my DH!

I am also entering the following challenges:

By Lori Designs - Mommy & me, a card for mom
Creatalicious - For the girls
Mad for Markers - For the girls
Freshly Brewed - Flowers
The Cupboard Trilogy - Spring Flowers

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b

11 comments:

  1. Loosies! I love it :) That's what I should call them too! As for process...hmmm...I think mine changes. If I'm using a sketch, then more or less how you've described (probably colour first, then DP). If I'm just sitting down to make something, then paper or image first, and the rest mashes together.
    I'm loving the bright colours & that fab layered flower - so glad you could come play with my sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just adorable. You used one of my favorite images by Lori. Thanks for joining us at BLD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! I love your layered flower!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, very colorful and happy! Thank you for using our sketch this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, thank you so much for joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog.

    Stella xx

    TCT DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so sweet! Love the paper and that awesome flower you created.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.
    We just released a new rubber stamp and are hopping today, hope to see you stop in and play along!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, your card is adorable Kathy! So super sweet! I love your color combo!! Thank you for using one of my images and for sharing at By LORi Designs challenges! ♥LORi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Love the color combo with this sweet pedal pusher. Thanks so much for playing along with BLD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet image. Love your colour combo as well.

    Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges and best of luck!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete