Saturday, May 11, 2013

Congrats

It's Margaret's birthday
 and she's not feeling well tonight (too much celebration???), so I am here with a post.

I have a graduation card to share.  It's not a typical grad card because it contains some of my DH's sense of humor.  I will explain below.


The stamp set is from Lawn Fawn, as are the matching dies (fortune cookies, chopsticks & banners).  The take-out box is fussy cut.  I used BG Capella dp and DCWV cs.  The frame is  a die cut by Memory Box.  I popped up the fortune and chopsticks with 3M foam.  

Now for the inside:


Nothing unusual, right?
Okay, now check out what is above this part on the inside of the card:


This winter, when my s-i-l sent a photo of her son playing basketball, my husband's comment back to her was "Thou needeth a haircut".  (He attends a Christian academy).

We received the grad announcement with his nephew's photo and even longer hair, that reminded my husband of his earlier comment.  So he asked me to prepare a card with some thing said about a haircut.  Thus, the card I have posted here.  {I am married to the big teaser of the family}.  Really, he could care less that the young man's hair is long, but knows that the comment will get his sister going (it's a lil' bro thing).

So, this is my contribution to the event.  We'll send along some cash, because what kid couldn't use some of that?!

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Dillybeans - celebrations
Penny's Paper-Crafty - die-cuts/punches
As You Like It - die cuts 
 I would say the Memory Box die is my fave, because I love layering the frame behind images, but since I bought this Good Fortune set, my mind is racing with all the things I can do with it!

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b

2 comments:

  1. Fab card! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
    Mandy x (PPCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, and I love Memory Box dies too.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our first challenge.
    Annette
    My blog : Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for As You Like It Challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete