Wednesday, March 7, 2012

You're a gem

Hello everyone!  I have been missing my dear friend Kathy like crazy lately and I think the countdown needs to start now until she comes to visit me in May.  :)

I made this card a couple of weeks ago for my aunt who has been so tremendously helpful to me lately with the girls and my busy work schedule.  I tried to make an extra special card because it is hard for her to move around due to Parkinson's and so I especially appreciated her help.  She LOVES horses, cowgirl, cowgirl boots, you name it.  In fact, she own two horses, Lucky and Jasper. They pretty much keep her sane with all the health conditions coming down on her.   I made this card in honor of her love of horses, and I think this little Magnolia would be her and Lucky (Lucky is a particularly charismatic horse with a very strong personality--I know, I took care of her for a week!). 

The stamps are from Magnolia stamps (the horse is actually from an older collection).  The sentiment is Stampin Up and the tree is a die cut from Memory Box (I LOVE these die cuts!).  I cut the tree out using sparkly cardstock.  These are actually two dies one layered on top of the other.  I attached a few Svarowski Crystals to the tree.  The paper is from a very old stash I had for baby themes.  I also sprayed the "your'e a gem" with a glitter mist and popped it up on more sparkly paper cut out with a nestabilities die.  Attached a few pearls from Recollections by Michaels on the corners.  The rope that the cow girl is holding is made from twine and I put a few stickles on Tilda and her horse though it's a bit hard to see from the card.

Here's a closeup.  I hope you enjoyed today's creation...I feel like I am slowly getting my creativity back after all these months of not stamping.  When summer comes, watch out!  I have two girls and they EXPECT cards every week while they spend the summer with their dad. Thanks for stopping by...til next time!  -Margaret

2 comments:

  1. ohmygoodness Margaret - I just looooove everything about this card! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete